It’s really easy to build a blog and run it, but it’s HARD to build a successful blog with substantial traffic.
Over the years we’ve grown Digilite’s blog by doubling and tripling its traffic and helped other blogs too.
One thing is obvious, there is an art to increasing a blog’s traffic, and seems that we have stumbled on some of that knowledge which we are eager to share with you now.
#1 Make Your Blog’s Content SEO-Friendly
Search engines are a massive opportunity for traffic.
- Keyword Research – Use long – tail keywords in your content and use the keywords along with synonyms throughout the blog. NOTE: Do not stuff your blog with keywords.
- Title optimization – Use your main keywords in your title.
- Meta description optimization – Write a brief and engaging description about your blog post and use your main keywords in meta description by keeping it under 160-180 characters.
- URL optimization – Use keywords in your URL.
- Image optimization – Include alt text that contains keywords.
- Link optimization – Use internal links when appropriate within your blog post.
#2 Optimize for Speed and Mobile
Keep in mind: Your visitors won’t wait around for your blog to load. So If your page isn’t coming up fast enough, they’ll hit the back button.
What to do?
First off check your site speed. Google’s Page Speed Insights tool can give you your speed score, as well as tips on what you can do to improve its speed.
#3 Use Semantic Keywords in Your Blog Post
Semantics is the study of meaning, and is how someone interprets a word. Semantic keywords, are keywords that relate to your main keyword.
When using semantic keywords in your blog, we help Google recognize what our content is about and whether it relates to a search.
The semantic keyword may not have a great search volume, but it does help to increase the relevancy.
#4 Use Social Media to Share Your Posts & Find New Connections
Leveraging social networks to attract traffic requires patience, study, attention to changes by the social sites and consideration in what content to share and how to do it.
- Start sharing content – let it be your own blog post, anything that attracts you and may have a chance to go “viral” and earn sharing from others.
- Interact with communities – Use relevant hashtags, find interesting relevant conversations and jump in. Remember: Social networks are amazing environment for building and developing a brand, earning trust of others through high-level authentic participation and sharing.
Note: Just share great stuff and make a positive, memorable impression on those who come across your interactions, and your followers will boost your ability to drive traffic to your blog by sharing your content.
#5 Increase Blog Ranking by Increasing Click Through Rate
Click through rate is a user interaction signal telling Google that this blog is worth reading.
One of the important things you need to do is to improve your blog post’s title. It’s when you judge the article by its title. Change your blog post’s title into something that will push readers to click on it automatically, while keeping it short, clear, engaging and under 60 characters.
Earning traffic isn’t inventing a wheel, but it does take time, perseverance and consistency. Don’t give up! Stick to your schedule and transform your blog into something remarkable.
For more SEO strategies that will help boost your inbound marketing results, meet Digilite team, we are ready to hear your plans.